Friday, February 24, 2012

Update on Mackenzie

She is doing great! She is just finishing up her 2nd week back to public school and I have to admit, she is really loving it. Her teacher, Mrs. Haines is thrilled with her, she told me this morning that Mackenzie fits in great and is a great asset to the classroom.

Mackenzie is pretty much on track with all they are studying, she has slipped right in with her friends and I am pleased with that. We are still doing our Teaching Textbooks math at home and also continuing to read from the Sonlight list of books that we have.

And things have really settled down at home during the day. Katy is able to focus better and I have been getting all of my work done...on time. I don't know what the future will bring for all of us, but I think Mackenzie will stay in public school at least for the remainder of elementary school. It suits her and after all, isn't that the best part of being able to homeschool, to give each of your children the unique combination of what they need to be successful in learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment